Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oregon

I have been homesick for Oregon. Washington is great, for sure, and I'm pretty content here. But I miss my friends. A couple weeks ago we went back to Oregon for a few days. Some highlights from our trip:
  • Having lunch with Rachel and checking out her new store in "the Couv."
  • Going to the beach with Kristin and Lisa and the kids
  • Making dinner out of "bits and pieces" with Jen, and being blown away by the results. (Who knew canned tuna could taste that good?)
  • Playing corn hole in the Nelson's backyard. Favorite quote from our British friend, Bob, when Nellie asked him if he'd like to play corn hole: "But we've only just met." Still makes me laugh. (By the way, I highly recommend Corn Hole. I'm totally building my own game next week. http://www.cornholehowto.com/how-to-play.html)
  • Breakfast at that dive-y place in SE PDX.
  • Visiting Sheila at her new digs on the way home.
It was a whirlwind trip, and we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to see, but it was nice to go.

After spending Wednesday night at the beach, I drove back to Portland from the coast by myself (the kids were in another car), and indulged a long-time desire to stop and take pictures uninterrupted at Arcadia Beach.



And a couple of pictures from the day before with the kids in Manzanita:


2 comments:

~Heidi~ said...

Great pictures Jami! Corn hole is finally catching on in the west coast, eh? We've been playing it in the midwest (AKA "corn land") for years. It's fun!

Courtney said...

Beautiful Pics!