Things he may not know I remember and cherish

- Sitting with me while I slowly sounded out words
- Cuddling up on his lap and watching MASH or Cheers (and fake laughing along because I was too young to understand anything.)
- Talking thru my day with him when he picked me up after my day at school or work.
- Going out to lunch with him after I got married
- All the camping, boating, and weekends at the cabin
- Daddy-daughter dates
- Listening to him sing and play the guitar (how patient he was to indulge our endless requests for "Matthew" and "Run for the Roses")
- All the evenings I could hear the hammers and saws going long after dark while he built our house after a full day at work.
- His calm response to my sometimes hysterical reactions--like the time I pulled my earring through my ear, or the time I thought I was going to get a C in Geometry, or the time Madeline passed out and I was sure she was going to die.
- The multiple phone calls coaching me through sprinkler installation and repairs
- Always knowing that he was there to keep me safe from monsters, earthquakes, car break-downs, and jerks
- Guiding me through his own loving example to find a man who is a wonderful husband to me and a fantastic father to my girls.
6 comments:
Ahhh, I started crying as soon as I read the title adn saw the picture. All of them are so true.
I've always felt it is the little things that really make the difference and have the lasting impressions. What a great reminder. I hope Addie feels the same way some day.
Thanks. Nice to know you're loved. Love you tons. mom
Ok, now that I can see because my eyes were blurred for the tears, I'm wondering if that made sense... You made your dad's day. He feels very loved. Love you for loving him. We have a great family. You all got a great dad. ( and this only took me three tries to post a comment and I still had to use the handicap word verification. Stupid thing!!)
Aww, such a sweet post about your dad! You have such an awesome family! I am grateful for the fun times that I got to spend with your family!
How fun to have your parents come visit. Thanks for the memories and sweet comments about your Dad.
Post a Comment