Six things about Amelia at age 6
- She still loves her "B" (now a ratty grayish blanket), but if it's in the wash, she no longer sits beside the washer waiting for it to come out. Sucking her thumb is still a part of snuggling with B, but pretty much only at bedtime.
- She is incredibly social, which I never would have believed three years ago. In that 3rd birthday party picture? The reason only 2 kids were invited was because she would have been overwhelmed and mortified had there been more. She wanted more kids at her birthday party this year, but this time Momma couldn't handle it.
- She still gets very worked up about trying something new (gymnastics, rockclimbing, skiing, etc.) but not because of the physical aspect--she's actually fairly fearless when it comes to physical activity, but she's always apprehensive about the emotional aspect of being on her own away from me and/or Madeline. If I was the teacher of all these activities, she'd be fine. I had to pull her out of gymnastics because she was getting such bad tummy aches. She loved what they did in class, but just couldn't handle that Maddie wasn't by her side.
- She is the sweetest thing ever. She always complements me on my cooking, she notices when Kolby or I are wearing something new--even new socks. She loves cuddles and kisses. She tells me she loves me at least 10 times a day. She's just a very sweet and tender kid.
- She is a girl who likes to be on the go. She loves all-day kindergarten. She loves running errands with me. She gets up early and gets dressed and is ready to get on with the day.
- Her favorite food, besides candy, is sushi.
Yesterday Kolby picked her up after school with some huge mylar birthday balloons. So much more exciting than Mom picking her up. Then we went to Red Robin for dinner (her choice--it was a very difficult decision between SushiMe, and Red Robin, but Red Robin ultimately won because they would sing happy birthday to her and give her an ice cream sundae.)
Below are pics of dinner last night, and her birthday party last weekend.
Just a glimpse at the fabulous Sing It performances we saw:
2 comments:
I felt like I was at the party listening to the sing-a-long. It's good to know little girls in Seattle like to do the same things here in Salt Lake City--"Fabulous!" HAPPY BIRtHDAY Amelia!
Ah, man, I can't wait to see the girls. Mia's such a sweetheart.
Post a Comment