Monday, March 9, 2009

Back in business

This morning Madeline walked into the kitchen while I was making lunches for them to take to school.  She watched for a second, and then said, "Mama, are you feeling better?"  I told her I am! I am! Yes, Mama is finally better (other than that nagging toothache).  And she said, "Does that mean you're going to make dinner tonight?"  Yep.  Even going to make dinner.  "Oh, man!  I'm so glad!  I'm tired of having to just wander around the kitchen trying to find something  to eat."  

Poor thing!  We really have had dinner--Kolby has managed that.  But for the last week she ate hot lunch at school, and then pretty much had to fend for herself for snacks and breakfast  (which couldn't have been all bad--I saw her pack a cupcake for snack one day, and she had miso soup for breakfast, which sounds gross to me, but is pretty awesome if you are 8 years old).  Last week must have been rough on her with me and Amelia laying around on the couch convalescing all week.

But we're well!  Everybody is healthy again.  I had my root canal this morning and the only thing that really hurt was the bill.  After six weeks with a toothache and 8 days with the non-flu, I am happy to be back to myself. 



3 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm not sure what you're supposed to say to someone regarding their root canal. Is that a "congratulations" or "good job"? Whatever it is, consider yourself wished. Glad you guys are feeling better.

Nan said...

Glad to hear you are up and back to mommy-hood but sad to hear you had to go to the dentist. I hate the dentist!

Courtney said...

Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like it was awful!