And speaking of r's like w's, I'm going to be very sad to see her grow out of that. It makes me belly laugh every time I hear her say "cwotch." Yes, I know. I'm sure your kid never says it (they probably don't laugh when they fart either), but it's better than "nuts" which my girls claimed to have for a while.
I just came across my old abandoned blog, and thought I'd add some of those entries to this blog to save for posterity.
12/24/2006 (written by Kolby)
"Ouch! I hurt my nuts."
Not a phrase that we hear often in a house with three girls. Nevertheless, references to nuts are becoming commonplace with Madeline (6) and Amelia (3). While the exact origin of this word isn't confirmed, I'd bet my own right nut that it came from the house full of boys across the street (who shall go unnamed here.)
Madeline has been set right, as I've explained to her what "nuts" are, as well as the fact that she doesn't have any. So she modified her saying, to "Ouch! I hurt my girl nuts!" Which I guess is an improvement.
Amelia has not yet made the appropriate adjustments to her use of the word, as she has explained three times in the last two days that something was so funny that "I laughed my nuts out."
Which is why, two years later, I still prefer her use of the word cwotch.
No comments:
Post a Comment