Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ski Bowl

My daughters are going to be much better skiers than I am, and I could not be more pleased.

In 4 weeks, Madeline has gone from barely being able to make it down the bunny hill, to making beautiful parallel turns, something I didn't learn until I was 14.   Her teacher pulled us aside after class to #1 recommend we get her into racing, and #2 thank us for getting her a helmet.   He said she has a lot of natural talent, and a love for speed.  

Now if you know Madeline, the speed part is just so shocking.  It's really incredible how slowly that girl can move.  But put her in skis, and Bizarro Maddie emerges.  Thus the helmet.  After seeing her ski so fearlessly last week I realized a helmet was no longer optional.

And Amelia made huge progress today too, gaining some confidence and declaring herself "awesome!" more than once.  

I tell ya, I absolutely adore having big kids. 

No comments: