Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Short days

Wednesdays are early out school days for the girls, and I LOVE love love love love this. It is so nice to have one day during the school week that they can have a nice long playdate, or relax for a few hours before launching into the nightly homework, dinner, reading, bedtime routine.

Today I had the car loaded up and when the kids got out of school, we headed up to ski. Amelia's friend Ellie came along.

I didn't realize that there isn't a 4-person beginner ski lift on the side of the resort that is open mid-week, so two of the girls would have to ride the lift without me. That was almost a deal breaker. But Maddie and Mia got brave and went on the lift for the first time without a parent, while I rode behind with Ellie. After the first scary time (for me and them! Who was going to hold onto my babies with a deathgrip so they didn't fall off???), it was old news, and we got in a bunch of great runs in the 2.5 hours we skied.

Seriously, where did she get this pose?  She even had her lips all puckered up like my teenage niece Macady does in all her photos.  Kolby thinks it's too much Disney channel.

No comments: