Monday, December 8, 2008

When Photoshop is useless

When I look at Michelle's blog and Facebook photos, I feel a little bitter.  Caid is still too young to be a turd when the camera comes out.  She just flashes that gummy grin, twinkles those eyes, and her momma has a dozen adorable pictures.

Let me just give you a glimpse of the photo session I attempted with my two little darlings when we went Christmas tree shopping this weekend.


There is a reason why I stopped paying for professional photos for them.  

And many moons ago I promised to post a picture of my all time favorite mug.  

And while I'm at it, how about a few pictures of the Northwest?  This is the view I've had out my kitchen window the last few mornings.  


And this is taken from the top of the hill as I drop down to our street (where that car is).  What you can't see is the mountain range in the distance.  This is very typical of Northwest suburbia--just loads and loads of fir trees.

This is taken from part of the neighborhood where I'd like to buy.  I would LOVE having water views.  Aaaah.  This is Lake Sammamish.

A picture of Turkey II, our gay pride turkey who managed to make it to school without being eaten by the dog.

And this.  This is just really really sad.  This is what's happening with my big plans for a season ski pass.  Pathetic.  



3 comments:

Michelle said...

what can i say, my daughter is sooo well behaved and just a work of art! like mother like daughter i guess! :)

Jodi said...

I dont' know what you're talking about - every one of those looks like a christmas card to me. Those are the kind I like!

darcie said...

Do your pictures ever make me miss the Northwest! I miss trees! I'm jealous of your neighborhood, it's gorgeous!

I think your girls adorable and I could show you some pictures of kids that look really bad in pictures. Poor Ethan has been closing his eyes in pictures since he was about 3.

I hope that you guys are doing good and that your Christmas ends up being fun! Sometimes it's nice to have a quiet Christmas, or am I just trying to convince myself? Take care!