Sunday, December 14, 2008

I guess it worked

From the melodramatic weather forecasts, I was expecting a little more.  I should have remembered that the Northwest gets excited about anything other than more rain.  Or showers.  Or occasionally rain showers.  So three days of snow translated into just a few hours.  But luckily (?) it's staying cold enough that the "snow" is sticking around for the kids to play in today.

We have had a deliciously lazy weekend.  Today has consisted of hanging out by the fire, reading the newspaper, eating pancakes, playing in the snow, a little Scrabble, some exercise (in the form of Wii) and not a whole lot else.   Although we did come to a decision.  "I'll go.  I'll go.  I'll go."  We needed little more nudging than a lazy morning with snow outside to decide Sunriver is exactly what is called for after Christmas.    So it's settled.  I called Kristin to tell her and she answered the phone with "You're calling to say you're coming to Sunriver.  I knew all you needed was some snow!" Rumor has it, Portland is getting the real thing today.  A genuine (please pronounce it "jen-you-wine") snow storm.  I saw pictures of the lifts at Meadows and Timberline up and running and wanted to cry.

By the way, who let us take this dog from Utah?  She is one blissed out dog today.  Having a full on snowgasm at the park.





And the kids thought the snow was okay too.




2 comments:

Jodi said...

That's the sorriest looking snow I've ever seen in my life. Our snow storms eat your snow for breakfast -- in June! But I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I'll post some pics of a real storm on mine.

Anonymous said...

That looks exactly like our dogs when we get back from walking. Just like! Yea, she's a Utah dog.