Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat!


We survived Halloween. I worked on parties for both girls' classes all week, so I spent most of the day getting ready for those. At 2:00 the kids had their costume parade through the school, and then class parties.  (I only worked in Amelia's).




Some knucklehead decided it would be fun to pull the fire alarm, so we could all stand outside in the mud and rain for the last 15 minutes of school.  


We were debating all day where to do our trick or treating because of the rain.  Microsoft has trick or treating and parties around campus, but we were told you should choose either the neighborhood or Microsoft because traffic was insane getting off campus.  After school the rain stopped and skies cleared a bit, so we decided to stick around the neighborhood.

People at school had warned that we get lots of trick or treaters.  I had already bought 6 bags, but asked Kolby to pick up a couple more.  He came home with 6 more bags, which I thought was a bit extreme.  He headed out trick or treating with the girls and  I never got a chance to sit down.   We went through 12 bags of candy in two hours.  When Kolby and the girls got home, they even dumped their Mounds and Almond Joys in the bowl (big sacrifice) so they could keep handing out candy, but eventually we hit the bottom of the bowl and had to just turn off the lights and stop answering the door. 

And now we're gorging ourselves on candy.

1 comment:

nickyfish said...

I'm jealous you actually get trick-or-treaters! Few venture down our lane. I only bought 4 small bags, saved a few of my favorites and stuck the rest on the porch, since last year it was hardly worth staying home. When we got home, the only candy left were 3 almond joy's--I'm sure the two kids who came probably just dumped the basket in their bags!