Thursday, October 16, 2008

The long walk home


It's actually not that long. It's about 2 blocks home from school, and I love it. Madeline isn't one to chat about her day, and I still only get snippets about school from her. But she will talk the entire way home from school, usually about animals or bugs or she'll tell me dumb jokes she made up, or I'll hear all about Bella Sara Land which is the imaginary horse game she and her friends play at recess. So I might not hear about her school day, but for that 10 minutes she has my undivided attention and tells me about what interests her in her world.

(Amelia is usually wiped out on the walk home and ignores us. Or she'll run ahead to beat us there.)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

precious! ok so caidence sent a trick or treat package to the girls today but after we shipped it off we realized her spacy mom didn't write anything on the cards! so when it shows up tell them happy halloween from caid!