Madeline got a couple of fun games for her birthday that have already found a place on our favorites list.
Wig Out! Is a game that can be played in 12 minutes or less. It's fast, portable, Amelia somehow wins 80% of the time without cheating, and it's not the end of the world if a card or two gets lost. We took this on the whale watching trip with us and it was a hit with the other kids on the boat. I'd like to try some of the other 12 minute games this company makes.
These are the current hits around here:
Wig Out! Is a game that can be played in 12 minutes or less. It's fast, portable, Amelia somehow wins 80% of the time without cheating, and it's not the end of the world if a card or two gets lost. We took this on the whale watching trip with us and it was a hit with the other kids on the boat. I'd like to try some of the other 12 minute games this company makes.
Amelia got Sequence for Kids from Emma and Charlotte for her birthday. The kids can play without me, and it's not mind-numbingly boring for me to play (like Candyland). So it's an all around hit for a kids' game. Mia and Ethan loved playing this together, so she's been a little emotional about this game lately. ("I wanna go back to Portland. I miss Ethan.")Our friends Tessie and Ryan gave us Hyper Dash, and we have had so much fun with it. We can set it up indoors and the kids can run from room to room playing, or set it up outside (my preference). The electronic tagger tells you which target to go to next and it times you to see who completes the sequence fastest. The kids are in absolute fits of giggles as I run around trying to tag the targets. Hurts my feelings a little. It has varying levels of difficulty, and you can play as teams too, but we haven't tried that yet. And it's another one they can play on their own.

This game is actually not a great game to play with the kids, but it is our favorite game to play with friends. If your blood runs cold when you see that Cranium logo because you're an embarrassment when you hum, act, or draw, you'll actually love this one. I am still recovering from a really horrific humming experience with Cranium, and yet I love Pop 5. It still has the same categories, but you get to choose which "skill" you will use to get your team to guess the words. So if you were there for that humming horror 10 years ago, be comforted to know it will never happen again.
So there you go. Unsolicited product reviews for you, from me.

2 comments:
We played Wig Out at Gray & Jen's! It's fun. Addie loved Hyper Dash when we played it at my grandparents house. I need to get it for her....a great way to keep her active and busy!
Way to go on putting another post up! lol!
I must be really out of the fun game loop because I haven't heard of any of those games but I am writing them all down so I can throw Candyland away. Poor Amelia missing her friend, Ethan in Portland. I still miss Portland, even the rain, actually I think that there's too much sun here sometimes. Thanks for all the fun game ideas and I will email you soon. I hope that you guys are doing well in Seattle and that the strike ends soon, if it hasn't already. :o)
Post a Comment