Monday, September 22, 2008

Facepainting: a study in personalities. Also, Utah Pics Volume 3

They were doing facepainting when we went to see the floats for the 24th of July parade in Utah. It was fun to see what played out.

Amelia: "May I please be a fairy?"  She's really into using the word "may" lately.  And not always correctly.  "May you please wipe my bum?"  I think if she could, she'd say it with a British accent.  And if she did, I would wipe her bum, because is it possible to say no to that charming accent?  But since she can't pull off a decent British accent, she's finally wiping her bum herself.  And I don't even have to check her work anymore.





Madeline: "I'd like to be a hippogryphe."  I love that the guy didn't miss a beat. He just dove right in and started painting, while I was still trying to figure out what the hell a hippogryphe is.



It doesn't even matter that she doesn't look like a hippogryphe.  What matters is how thrilled she is with the results.

And their cousins got their faces painted too:




Hands down, that shark is the coolest face painting I've ever seen.   It even made Madeline second guess the hyppogryphe.

No comments: